Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sungha Jung- Prodigy (Fingerstyle Guitarist)




Have you seen this kid?  He’s amazing!  I've been planning to send my daughter to music school sometime this year.  I wanted her to learn the piano but kind of thinking whether she should learn the guitar instead right after seeing this 13 year old South Korean boy play it like he's born with the guitar attached to him.

Sungha's been making friends with known guitarist around the world.  He plays the songs that other artist like Ulli Boegershausen and Hiroshi Masuda arranged for him.

This prodigy however has several original compositions that I think will hit the charts soon.  Most of his videos in YouTube have more than 2 million hits.



Since I like Kurt Cobain of Nirvana, this’ll be the first Sungha video I’ll feature.


Smells Like Teen Spirit





And of course, who doesn’t like the Beatles?

All You Need is Love






I remember Adam Lambert of American Idol Season 8 getting a standing ovation for singing an acoustic version of Tears for Fears.

Mad World




And watch how cool and relaxed Jung sways while he plays the Mission Impossible theme. 




Did I say that he’s amazing?


1 comment:

  1. i'll be damned! extremely talented kid i was fascinated on how this kid strum his guitar with ease..i remember when i was his age i was desperately learning to play a guitar when i got frustrated and all but wow! this kid is amazing i want to see this kid what he will become someday with such talent would go a long way..nice post fren!- Mr. Celibacy

    ReplyDelete